Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee encourages and facilitates members’ professional development, with a focus on promoting excellence in teaching and scholarship. To this end, the Professional Development Committee organizes and promotes seminars, workshops, courses and other activities related to professional development.
Regular PD Events
- Triads: facilitated connections amongst faculty members to support each other and connect on various PD matters, social activities and other interests
- Member Facilitated Lunch and Learns: Informal opportunities for Members to share their expertise with colleagues on a wide range of topics (Members are invited to complete an expression of interest form to facilitate a lunch and learn)
- Winter Series: 3-5 formal PD sessions during the winter semester centered on a broad topic related to faculty roles.
- Get Cracking: occasional informal breakfast/brunch/lunch discusses sessions
- Spring Retreat: annual two day conference in Kananaskis with sessions presented by members across the University.
Reference Materials from Previous PDC Events:
- 2022 – 2023 PD Events
- Winter 2022 Scholarship Series
- Surviving Service: Making Service Effective, Efficient and Enjoyable (February 21, 2018)