Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee encourages and facilitates members’ professional development, with a focus on promoting excellence in teaching and scholarship. To this end, the Professional Development Committee organizes and promotes seminars, workshops, courses and other activities related to professional development.
Regular PDC Events
- PD Days: full or half day formal PD sessions during the fall and winter reading breaks
- Get Cracking: semi-monthly informal breakfast discusses sessions
- Spring Retreat: annual two day conference in Kananaskis with sessions presented by members across the University.
Reference Materials from Previous PDC Events:
- Perks, Perils and Possibilities of Social Media (October 12, 2018)
- Surviving Service: Making Service Effective, Efficient and Enjoyable (February 21, 2018)
- Get Cracking on Classroom Etiquette (March 16, 2018)