Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee encourages and facilitates members’ professional development, with a focus on promoting excellence in teaching and scholarship. To this end, the Professional Development Committee organizes and promotes seminars, workshops, courses and other activities related to professional development.
Regular PDC Events
- Three is Company: facilitated connections amongst faculty members to support each other and connect on various PD matters, social activities and other interests
- PD Days: full or half day formal PD sessions during the fall and winter reading breaks
- Get Cracking: semi-monthly informal breakfast discusses sessions
- Spring Retreat: annual two day conference in Kananaskis with sessions presented by members across the University.
Reference Materials from Previous PDC Events:
- Surviving Service: Making Service Effective, Efficient and Enjoyable (February 21, 2018)