Programs & Events
MRFA Event Calendar
The Mount Royal Faculty Association provides a collective voice for faculty, promotes tenure and academic freedom, advocates for the highest standards of professionalism in higher education, and upholds the values of diversity, equity and human rights.
In achieving the goals laid out by the MRFA’s mission statement, the MRFA hosts numerous events throughout the year, including but not limited to the following events. Refer to the event calendar for details on upcoming events.
Professional Development, Standards and Ethics Events
- PD Days: full or half day formal PD sessions during the fall and winter reading breaks
- Get Cracking: semi-monthly informal breakfast discusses sessions
- Robert’s Rules: interactive training workshops on parliamentary procedures
- Committee Affair and Committee Transitions: providing information for prospective and current MRFA committee members on committee mandates and expectations
- Spring Retreat: annual two day conference in Kananaskis with sessions presented by members across the University.
- Fall: Welcome Back
- Wine and Cheese for New Faculty
- Family BBQ and Fun Day
- Tenure, Promotion and Awards Celebration
- Holiday Party
- Kids’ Holiday Party
- Winter: Welcome Back
- Themed parties
- Golf Tournament, Rec Day & Keg drain
Governance and Liaising with the University
For more information about any of these events or to suggest additional events, please contact the MRFA’s Interim Administrative and Faculty Relations Officer