Taking Courses at MRU

Members Registered in non-Credit Courses at MRU

Collective Agreement Article 18.5

MRU Policy on Complementary non-Credit Course Registration Policy

Members of the MRFA are eligible to enroll free of charge in any non-credit course, excluding private music lessons, aviation and Mount Royal Recreation courses offered by Mount Royal University, subject to the approval of the Dean of the Faculty of Continuing Education and Extension or the Director of the Conservatory, or the Director of International Education, as appropriate. Approval of requests for free/complimentary registration in non-credit courses is contingent upon the overall cost of the course, number of registrants, and factors which determine whether the course will be economically viable.

Members Registered in Credit Courses at MRU

Collective Agreement Article 18.4:

“An Employee who takes a credit course at Mount Royal University shall be reimbursed the amount of tuition, exclusive of special course or program fees, or private instruction as published in the annual fee schedule in the University Calendar, upon successful completion of that course.”

Process for Reimbursement of Tuition for Credit Courses Completed at MRU

  1. Complete a Chrome River expense claim. Chrome River is accessible online at MyMYU.ca under Financial Matters. Use FOAP Number: 100439 3550 78406 63008
  2. Support the claim with the paid receipt and a letter of completion and transcripts.
  3. The expense claim will go to HR to approve based on the ORG used above, and reimbursement will be processed by payroll.