Goals of the Interim IDEA Council
The Association has committed to developing and supporting structures which respect the dignity,
rights, and beliefs of its Association members. The IDEA council—as described in the MRFA 2025
Plan—will advise on ways for the MRFA to:
- Increase historically excluded members’ engagement with the Association and representation on its committees and its executive.
- Create, implement, and support inclusive, diverse, and equitable Association systems and structures.
- Strengthen the Association’s working environment to prioritize safety for its members and staff.
- Build members’ capacity to develop and implement EDI in the Association and across MRU.
- Advance progress on IDEA issues through changes to the Collective Agreement.
Role: To guide, advise and liaise with MRFA Committees and Officers on issues of inclusion,
diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA).