Professional Development Application Form
PD funds are made available to members in accordance with Article 18 of the Collective Agreement to reimburse expenses related to their responsibilities for teaching, research, professional or general University duties. Members should refer to the application form for more information and contact IT for assistance with computer hardware purchases.
Members’ Eligibility Amounts (per year):
- All Tenured, Tenurable, Conditional Tenurable, Limited-Term members with academic rank, all Full-Time and Limited-Term Laboratory Instructors and all Full-Time and Limited Term Senior Lecturers are eligible to receive $1,500 per year. Chairs, Associate Deans and Academic Directors are eligible for an additional $700 in PD funding per year.
- These members may accrue unspent funds for up to four years.
- Contract faculty members who teach three or more courses (or equivalent) per academic year are eligible for up to $1,200 per year. Requests for funds are honoured on a first come, first served basis.
- Contract members who meet eligibility requirements but see $0.00 in their unspent balance in mymru.ca (under Employee/Leave Balances) should indicate the amount specified in the Collective Agreement as their unspent balance (i.e. $1,000). The unspent balance will only be updated by Payroll after a claim has been made.
- Contract faculty with fixed-term appointments may accrue unspent funds for up to four years
How to Apply:
Members must verify current available PD funding on mymru.ca (under Employee/Leave Balances) and complete a professional development expense claim form which is to be submitted to Payroll. Contract members who meet eligibility requirements but see $0.00 in their unspent balance in mymru.ca should indicate the amount specified in the Collective Agreement as their unspent balance (i.e. $1,200). The unspent balance will only be updated after a claim has been made.
If you have questions about the PD allocations, please contact the MRFA Administrative Assistant.