There are many opportunities for members to get involved in the Association.
Attend MRFA Events
Attend MRFA Meetings
The MRFA holds three Regular Meetings per semester and an Annual General Meeting the second Friday of each May. Additionally, Special and Extraordinary Meetings may be called as needed to handle time sensitive and/or significant matters such as Collective Agreement Ratification. For more information about MRFA meetings view Article 7 of the MRFA Bylaws.
Serve on MRFA Committees
The MRFA has 15 standing committees, several ad hoc committees, and there are many MRU committees to which an MRFA member is appointed to represent the MRFA.
- January 2019 By-Election
- Elections Spring 2019 – More information will be available soon
- Committee nominations and elections take place in May. Refer to Article 10 &12 of the MRFA Bylaws for information about Committees and election processes. Voting processes are outlined in the MRFA’s Policies and Procedures Manual
- For information on committee appointments refer to the MRFA’s Policies and Procedures Manual
- For more specific information about committees refer to their charters and web pages
- Note: Contract Faculty are eligible to serve on nearly all MRFA committees and most Executive Board positions and can apply to receive an honorarium for their service in these roles
Make use of the Faculty Centre