Crossing the picket line may include any action taken not in support of the Association, any work engaged in which is deemed to be on behalf of the university, and/or physically accessing University property without a picket pass. Examples of crossing the line include, but are not limited to:
- Providing oral or written references for current students,
- Teaching classes, including online classes,
- Any and all course preparation, marking and/or curriculum design,
- Any and all correspondence with students related to courses or programing at MRU, and
- Interaction with University administrators beyond what may be required for scholarship.
The following shall not normally be considered crossing the picket line:
- Engaging in Scholarship
- Grant applications and other matters required to continue scholarship
- Picket passes may be provided as needed, subject to approval.
- Any clarification required on what constitutes crossing the picket line should be directed to the MRFA President (email@example.com).