guidelines for Faculty working remotely outside of Alberta

Employees working off campus are advised to remain in Alberta. Employment at Mount Royal is conditional on Alberta residency. There are many implications to working out of the province, including Workers’ Compensation Board coverage, Sun Life benefits, healthcare issues across jurisdictions and compliance with evolving public health mandates, to name a few.

Employees may be able to temporarily work outside of Alberta (but within Canada), following this process: Requests should be discussed first with their manager or chair and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with the dean or associate-vice president, who will consult with Human Resources before making a final decision. All new hires and rehired employees who have had a break in service are required to reside within Alberta: